Tri-Pier 1 Portable telescope pier, a powerhouse pier. Adaptable to different viewing platforms, both portable and permanent
The Tri-Pier 1 is a portable telescope pier that folds up like a traditional tripod. It can also be mounted in your observatory or permanent viewing site, by adding the optional anchor plate.
Features of the Tri-Pier 1 Portable Telescope Pier
• 600 pound capacity.
• The pier height maximum is custom with the maximum of 48 inches. The pier legs can be lowered 5 inches to increase the height of the pier.
• Aluminum anodized construction for corrosion resistance.
• Bull’s-eye level is recessed in bottom ring. This feature aids in leveling the pier.
• Carry Handle
• Special slots in side of pier allow you to hide wires by adding our slot covers.
• 3″ diameter vibration resistant foot pads for maximum ground contact.
• Gas assisted leg opening. This feature aids in opening the legs and allows the legs to open to the same position, so if you place it in the same place and in the same orientation, on your viewing platform, you won’t have to re-level the pier.
• Flat, top pier plate is included in price. There will be an additional charge for adapting to mounts that do not attach to a flat top plate. Contact Pier-Tech for additional information. Adaptable to any telescope mount. Plate can be removed, and a new plate added if you should change telescope mounts.
• The Tri-Pier1 can be converted to a permanent adjustable pier by removing the legs. So if an observatory is in your future or if you are looking for a pier that can be used both in an observatory permanent setting and at your favorite star party, then the Tri-Pier1 is the pier that will adapt to your needs.