The PTD1 is stand alone dome with a bi-parting walk in door,. It is composed of a aluminum sub frame and a Galvalume skin with interlocking dome sheets, providing a strong watertight design able to withstand harsh weather conditions. Our domes are the only metal domes available on the market that come in a choice of color, from our color selection sheet. It has the following features:
• Sub building is not needed, since it’s built into the dome. There is no need for a loft inside the dome to get you up to the telescope eyepiece since the telescope is mounted at floor level. This is a great feature to meet ADA Handicapped specifications, eliminating a need for a costly elevator.
• Motors on shutter and azimuth rotation are included.
• Optional factory tested automation system is available from Pier-Tech Inc, no need to find another supplier.
• Viewing range is from horizon to 10 degrees past zenith.
• Full size bi-parting sliding doors that wrap around the dome and out of the way.
• Contactor bars which provide current to shutter motor are available. This option eliminates the need to bring the dome to the home position in order to power the upper shutter motor. With this option, you will be able to power the upper shutter motor at any azimuth position of the dome.
• Do-it yourself installation. Complete assembly manual with detailed step by step pictures included. Installation from Pier-Tech Inc. also available.
• Widest shutters in the industry, Large dome volume.
This dome design is available in 14 1/2 foot diameter only.