Pier-Tech 3 Telescope Pier
Pier-Tech 3 is similar in construction as the Pier-Tech2 except it can withstand greater bending moments and it has an 800-pound lifting capacity. It is designed for the observer who wishes to raise and lower the telescope pier by a push of a button. Pier-Tech 3 is also great for remote control observatories where the full operation of the observatory is done remotely. The pier can be wired to the observatory’s main controller for operation. To operate the Pier-Tech 3, just plug it into a standard 120V outlet and push the up or down button on the supplied hand held pendant to raise or lower the pier.
Pier-Caddy, Telescope, and Mount Not Included
After placing your order, Please contact Pier-Tech to specify what mount and Telescope you will be using with this Pier.
A deposit will be taken at the time of your order
New and Improved Internal Design!
for better stability and polar alignment!
Features of the Pier-Tech 3 Telescope Pier
• Supplied with 120Volt controller.
• Dual lifting columns allow a guided precision 20 inch lift.
• Stays level and polar aligned at every height.
• Can be made portable with optional legs and castors attachment.
• 1100 pound lift capacity.
• Minimum pier height is 28 1/2 inches, Maximum pier height is 48 1/2 inches (all dimensions are +/- 1 inch)
• Aluminum and powder coated steel construction for corrosion resistance.
• Flat, top pier plate is included in price. There will be an additional charge for adapting to mounts that do not attach to a flat top plate. Contact Pier-Tech for additional information.
• Great for roll-off roof observatories or dome observatories.
• Ergonomic and handicapped accessible.
• Great for viewers of different standing heights such as children.
• Designed for CCD imaging at high powers.